Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Nathalie's Über*Media Acrylic Paint Book

This past Sunday, during the 3rd class taught by Nathalie Kalbach at Bizzy B, we learned various techniques to use on our journal pages.  We made about ten pages over the course of several hours and at the end, Nathalie showed us how we can bind them together as a journal.  We have the option of either continuing to complete the journal pages or leave them as a technique book, which is what I might do with mine (haven't quite decided yet).  Since it wouldn't be fair for me to tell you all about the actual techniques and give away Nathalie's secrets (you'll need to take her class to find out!), I'll just show you a few of the photos from our day. 

As we worked on our pages, we hung them up to dry while we worked on the next.  The store has these very handy clothes lines strung up for exactly that purpose.  Here's Shirley and Colleen, hard at play.

Here's my seatmate Dianne, having a laugh:

As you can tell from her expression, having a large container of clean water for her paint brushes makes Nathalie a very happy girl!

I took a lot less photos on Sunday, mostly because Nathalie kept us very busy.  All in all, it was a great weekend.  My brain was total mush by the end of both days, must have been the strain of absorbing all the new information.  We had so much and I'm really thrilled with the artwork I made.  Can't wait until the next time Nathalie comes to visit, hurry back Nat!!

No comments: