Monday, November 26, 2012

Play Date at Bizzy B

Every once in a while, a bunch of us get together at Bizzy B to have a play date.  Which for us adults means bring your craft supplies and let's work on our journal pages together.  We hadn't gotten together since the spring, given that summer is a busy time for everyone, people away on holidays, etc., so when Barb suggested this past Sunday, I readily agreed.  Turns out, she had forgotten it was Christmas Club day (held on the 25th of each month throughout the year so everyone can get their homemade Xmas cards and projects made in a timely fashion without waiting until the last minute), so I was the only one working on a non-Christmas themed project.  How was I to know?!

No matter, I can handle a little teasing. It was great to just hang out together while everyone talked and laughed and I enjoyed seeing the Christmas projects everyone was working on.  Most of the ladies were making their own Christmas cards:
Susan, Shirley and Judy making cards
Daniza was attaching glitter to the tree Shirley had made by folding pages in a book:
Daniza adds glitter while
Shirley assists a customer in the background
Kelly was gluing glitter on a bunch of tiny little acrylic flowers which she is then going to adhere to a bunch of tutus she is making for a school play (for a production of The Nutcracker Suite, naturally!).  I wish I had taken a picture of flowers themselves, there were dozens of them, all pretty and sparkly!

Here's Barb holding up one of the little flowers, pre-glitter:

I worked on my postcards for the swap I am taking part in, all of which got finished in plenty of time for me to mail them off today.

It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon, hanging out with a lovely bunch of ladies making cool stuff!  Why don't you join us next time?

No comments: