Monday, October 15, 2012

Junction Flea - October

Here are some photos from the outdoor flea market held in the Junction (Keele and Dundas Street West area of Toronto) yesterday.  Luckily, the early morning rain and fog cleared up and by 10 a.m., it was just cloudy but quite mild, perfect weather for a little outdoor vintage shopping!


I was tempted by this metal picnic basket, as I'd never seen one in these colours before. Usually they are plaid or ugly brown like the one to the right in the picture.  In the end, I resisted the urge to buy it.

This woman's display was so beautiful and so summer-like!  She was selling blooms using old glass bottles for vases.
Coriander Girl


I was intrigued by this piece of folk art.  A rooster decorated with painted nails.  Hmm.

I found this inscription on the inside of a book called "Mr. Punch's History of the Great War", circa 1919.  It gave me a bit of a start to see what I thought was my last name, spelled slightly differently, although I see now it might be "Fauvettes" and not "Fawcettes", inside an old book.

There were several older typewriters available.

These pieces of glass block had been removed from the floor in the entranceway of a store in the neighbourhood. The vendor told me they were often installed in a floor to allow light into the basement level.  I was amazed by their colour, they seem to glow, don't they?

All in all, another good flea market Sunday in the Junction. I'm told they are looking for an inside venue for upcoming months, which would be great.  You can follow their blog here.

No comments: