Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Quiet Saturday

I've had a cold all week so I've been feeling pretty weary physically after dragging my sorry a** to the office every day.  Decided I would stay home today and just have a quiet day.  Got up and had a shower as usual but then put my pyjamas back on and took things easy.  Ignored my "to do" list.  I made some art, read a book, took a nap, cuddled kittens, watched "The Shawshank Redemption".  I hadn't seen it for a few years, I love listening to Morgan Freeman's voice, loved the story as much as I did the first time I read it in a collection of short stories by Stephen King.  Seeing the movie again makes me want to read the story again, I shall have to pull that book off my shelf and at it to my "to be read next" pile.

Speaking of books, I made myself a bookmark out of a tag yesterday for volume 4 of the "A Song of Fire and Ice" series by George R. R. Martin, which is called "A Feast For Crows".  Because of the title, I wanted a crow to put on the bookmark and decided to carve a rubber stamp for myself. 

I quite like how it turned out, except that at 1.5 inches square, it ended up being too big for the tag.  Oops!  So instead I used a store bought stamp that had a flock of flying black birds on it, which worked out just fine.



Hope your Saturday was equally enjoyable!








No comments: