Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Artober

Fellow journaling artist Traci Bunkers suggested that October should be a "30 Days of Get Your Art On".  (I haven't had the heart to tell her that October has 31 days!)  Such a great idea, Tracy, thanks for suggesting it!  I decided I wanted to commit to play along.  I will post about what I've made every Wednesday this month (since October has 5 of them!).

The rules are similar (and spelled out in more detail in her post, just click on the link above): commit to spending a designated amount of time making art every day this month and post the results.  I've chosen a 15 minute time period as my minimum commitment, as I know some days, it will be a challenge just to squeeze in that much time.  On the plus side, I can always spend more than the allotted time and no doubt often will.  For example, here we are on day 3 and so far, it has ended up being 3 hours, half an hour and one hour, so the actual time period will no doubt be flexible.

Monday Oct 1st, I attended the 3rd week of my drawing class and here is one of the drawings I made:

Tues 2nd, I spent time (before breakfast!) starting this journal page:

Wed 3rd, I finished a book I was making for a friend at work who is being married in Italy later this month (more details in a later post):

Stay tuned every Wednesday to see what other art I make this month!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, art before breakfast - go, you!

Lori Wostl said...

Okay - I'll check it out and let you know if you inspired me to play!