Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving 2012

Two things I am especially thankful for today:

1 - that I live in a place that has four seasons and one of them is autumn.  The trees this time of year are so so beautiful, the various colours are a wonder to behold.  The view across the lake yesterday morning as the sun was coming up was especially lovely.
Oops, this one is a bit crooked!


Can't imagine being out fishing at 8 in the morning
in 5 degree C weather but this guy was!



2 - that momma cat Belle Neige was adopted this morning!  A very nice lady came to take her to her new forever home and I think they will be very well suited. I do worry about Belle being separated from all of her kittens all at once though. They are 5 months old now and weaned, definitely old enough to be on their own and right now, they still have each other, but I hope she won't be too lonely in the short term.  She will have a new "brother" where she is going to live, hopefully they will become good friends in time.  Nevertheless, I know it is for the best and I know she will be well loved.  She is such a sweetheart, how could she not be adored!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: