Monday, August 13, 2012

The Dark Side

The theme for the Journal Junkies August meeting tonight was "the dark side".

I made one side of my page "the bright side".  Because people are always telling you to look on the bright side when things are looking gloomy.  (Believe it or not, I had this idea several days before Eric Idle performed "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" from the theatre production of Spamalot, which I had the pleasure of seeing in London a few years ago, in the closing ceremonies for the Olympics last night!)


When the page flips open, you have the darker side:


I'm not sure the spread is quite finished. I'd like a scary image to put on the left hand side of the dark side page but when I tried to draw one, it came out more cute looking than scary!  So I might need to go looking for one in a magazine.  But for now, I'm okay with how it turned out.

It was good to be back to the JJ group. I'd missed the last two meetings.  Tomorrow I'll show you the pages made by my fellow members, which are pretty darned awesome!  Stay tuned...

No comments: