Friday, August 3, 2012

Breaking Eggs

Do you know that expression, "You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs"?  According to Wikionary (en.wikionary.org), the translation of this proverb is as follows:  "In order to achieve something, it is inevitable and necessary that something should be destroyed."

For me, the same is true for making art.  It is my experience that you can't make art without making a mess.

I offer you this picture of my dining room table as evidence:

I'm taking part in a journal swap.  Each of the participants are making 14 pages and mailing them to the organizer to put them together into a journal and mail the completed books back to each of us.

I've been pulling bits and pieces together for weeks and tonight I started putting my pages together.  What you see above is what it took to get one page made. Yikes, only 13 more to go!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excusez moi, but I don't see any room for a cat there.