Monday, August 27, 2012

Sketchbook #2

I have this sketchbook I bought at the dollar store some time ago. 

It's a little bit bigger than Sketchbook #1 and psychologically, it feels a little more casual and relaxed.  It could be the coil binding or the perforated pages (theoretically, I could rip out a sketch if I really hated it), or perhaps due to the fact that I only paid $1.25 for it (although the quality of the paper is reasonably good, at least for basic sketching purposes).  The pages are also a little bit larger in size (6 x 8 inches), which I sometimes prefer.  So I decided it would be okay to have 2 sketchbooks on the go at the same time, depending on what mood I'm in.  (I don't think there's a law that says you must use one book until it's filled up. At least, I hope there isn't.)

But first, I wanted to pretty up the cover a bit, so I pulled out my shoebox full of little bits and pieces of things

= leftover scraps of paper, found objects, ticket stubs, etc. and did a collage on the front cover.  I told myself that this would be a good way to use up a bunch of things in that box but of course, given that it's only 6 x 8 inches in size, it hardly made a dent in my collection of wee bits!  But it looks much prettier.

Must find my collection of numbers and add #2 to this one.  In the meantime, I got busy drawing in it, doing the first exercise from the book I got last week at Value Village, "The Creative License" by Danny Gregory.  He tells us to draw a chair, a mug, a table and a person.  I went a bit farther and drew a little sketch with all four items all together.

It was fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wot? No cat?