Saturday, August 25, 2012

90 and Counting!

Today was my stepgrandmother's 90 birthday.  Her family threw a surprise party for her, only she wasn't really surprised, she had known for a while that something was up.  Which is just as well - at 90, you don't need too many surprises.

Further to last Monday's post, here are some photos of the little book I made for her:
Front cover
2nd page

3rd page
One of the middle pages (as shown above and below) has two extra bits that fold out.  Here's what the flaps look like partially unfolded:

and all the way extended:
 
Back cover
Unfortunately she didn't have a chance to unwrap the book while I was there, I hope she likes it!  I certainly had fun putting it together.

Here is a picture of my sister, my mom, the birthday girl, my aunt and myself at this afternoon's festivities:


and here's one of my sister and I with Leola.

What a treat to be able to share this special day with her!

No comments: