Monday, May 21, 2012

A Wild Long Weekend

What a great long weekend it was!  The weather could not have been more perfect - blue skies, no clouds, hot weather.

Lots of wildlife sightings:

I saw a hawk on my drive up to the cottage Saturday afternoon:

There were geese in front of our place when I arrived.

Can you see the goose?
Turns out there were more than one.

They came back later with the family.
"Hello world, here's a song that we're singing..."

Big excitement to see a snapping turtle on the road when I drove into town for groceries in the afternoon. Got out of my car to take photos and with the help of a local gentleman, made sure it crossed safely and was on its way to the river and not into someone's garage!


(sighting duly reported to the Toronto Zoo's Turtle Tally when I got back to my computer today).

Alas, I didn't see the moose that my friend Jane had seen earlier that morning but I will keep looking!

Friends hosted a margarita party on Saturday - you want to talk "wild life", look no further!

And just to put the icing on the cake, we were lucky enough to get just a peek of the solar eclipse yesterday, as the sun was setting:


But of course, once the sun dropped below that tree line five minutes later, the show was over.  Until the fireworks started later in the evening!

All in all, it was one great weekend to start the summer off just right!

No comments: