Monday, May 14, 2012

Life is a Comic Strip

Tonight is the May gathering of the Journal Junkies group at Bizzy B.  The theme for this month's journal pages was comics/cartoons/humour.  Here is my page:
Alas, my scanner isn't quite wide enough to get
the full word "strip" on the top right side.
I pasted down a number of comic strips as my background and covered them with gesso.  I drew boxes on a sheet of collage tissue paper that had been decorated with acrylic paint and filled in the theme for my page, "Life is a comic strip - Be your own super hero." I added colour with Derwent Inktense watersoluble ink pencils.  I found a picture of myself and turned it into a super hero style photo by drawing on a mask and some detailing with Sharpie markers.

After I took the above photo, I wrote a couple of quotes on the top and bottom of the page to finish it off, "Able to leap sleeping cats in a single bound" and "My cape is at the drycleaners."  :)

No comments: