Thursday, October 21, 2010

I'm Not Ready

Have you seen that new Canadian Tire commercial? The one with the guy in the plaid shirt who stops his car at the parking lot exit, waiting for the bar to go up to let him out (or possibly in) and there are few flakes floating about and suddenly, before you know it, there is a foot of snow on the ground?

I felt like that guy today.  I had been out at lunch time and it was a regular fall day.  The morning sun had given way to some cloud, it was headed toward overcast but the sun was still breaking through here and there.  Then we had a little bit of rain mid-afternoon, just enough to wet the pavement, no big deal.  But when I left work at 4:30 this afternoon and stepped outside, bamm! 

It was FREEZING cold. It felt like winter. It felt like winter was HERE.  Already!!  Even though it's still October.  I could feel the Arctic air swirling around me.  I pulled on my gloves and rushed to my car, anxious to get the engine running so I could turn on the heater.  

Then it got worse.  They used the "f" word in the forecast, talked about the possibility of flurries in the morning.  Was it wrong of me to feel happy that it was only supposed to be areas north of the city that might have that delightful experience to wake up to tomorrow??

I am so not ready.

(photo credit:  saugeentimes.com)

1 comment:

Susanna Originals said...

Aah, it doesn't matter what you do. I don't watch television, quit listening to the weather forecasts on the radio and thought I was safe. And then people like you sneak up with your blog posts and show horribly disturbing pictures.
Actually, I should call my mother and do some gloating, because she's in Coldwater, definitely "north of the city." They thought I was nuts moving down to PEI because of the bad winters, but these past few years, I'd rather be here than anywhere in Ontario. The winters aren't any worse and THERE IS NO COMMUTE!!!
Susan (gloating)