Friday, October 22, 2010

Beads for Andrew


I bought some amazing beads today, as shown in the above photo, posted by the artist herself:  Melanie Brooks of Earthenwood Studio (http://www.earthenwoodstudio.com/), who is just one of the many artists showing their support for the recovering Andrew Thornton by raising funds to help defray his medical expenses.  I've been reading Andrew's blog on a more frequent basis the past few days, as he has been posting about the various people who are very generously offering their creations for sale on his behalf.  There has been much to tempt me - at the moment, there are some incredible lampwork beads of various types being shown, the birds in top hats are especially appealing - but when I saw these ceramic beads, I knew I had to have them.  (My plan is to make something with the beads that I can in turn offer as my own humble contribution towards Andrew's medical relief fund, so stay tuned for that.  I'm also anxiously watching my mailbox for the arrival of the skull beads I won from Andrew a couple of weeks ago, which haven't appeared yet.) There are some beautiful works of art made by some incredibly talented people on offer.  Click here (Andrew) to go to Andrew's blog, scroll down, look at the pretty pictures and then follow the links from there. 

It's a win, win situation - you get something pretty, and Andrew's medical bills get a little smaller.  Treat yourself and share the love.

No comments: