Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I Did It!

I walked home from work tonight! It may not seem like an over-exciting thing to do but I am excited nevertheless. It's something I've been wanting to try since I moved to where I'm living now, because I live so close to the office. It's about 4.5 km and it only took me about 50 minutes in total. It was warm and sunny out but there was a strong breeze that helped to keep me cool, plus I had brought workout clothes to work and changed before I set off, with my purse and clothes tucked into a knapsack.

I meant to bring my camera along today but forgot, so these photos are taken with my camera phone. My foot looks weird from this angle, doesn't it?

It worked out well today, as I got a ride into work this morning with my carpool buddy Lesia. I'd like to do the walking part more often and preferably in the morning when it is cooler but then I worry about arriving at work possibly sweaty and smelly, which is not a good way to spend the day. In the future, I could also take public transit to or from work, which is a bit of a drag because it involves taking 2 buses but lots of people do that as a matter of course, no reason why I can't.
Now that I know I can do the walking part, I definitely want to do it again. It's a great way to get some exercise and spare the air.

I even stopped to smell the roses on the way.

No comments: