Thursday, May 27, 2010

Reunion


I'm having dinner tonight with an old friend I haven't seen for...hmm...maybe 20 years? Maybe a little more, maybe a little less. I can't actually remember the last time we saw each other. We worked together one summer at Ontario Place back in the very early 80's, stayed in touch for several years after that and eventually somehow lost contact. It happens - life gets busy, we were living in different towns, building our careers, she and her husband were raising a family, just everyday stuff like that. Somehow the years fly by and all of a sudden, you think, hey, I wonder what so and so is up to these days?

I Googled her two years ago when a bunch of us former OP staffers were getting in touch, found her email address and sent her a note. We've had several email exchanges since then but believe it or not, it has taken us this long to arrange to be in the same city at the same time and be able to coordinate our schedules so we could get together.

You know how it is with some people, it doesn't matter how long it has been since you've seen or talked to them, when you eventually do, you just pick up where you left off - she is one of those people. I'm sure we'll have no problem finding things to talk about. I'm quite looking forward to seeing her again and having a chance to catch up and reconnect.

No comments: