Sunday, December 20, 2015

12 Days of Christmas Cards - Day 1

Back in late November, I decided to treat myself to a monthly subscription to the Simon Says Stamp card kit as a birthday present to myself.  The first one was the December 2015 kit, which arrived a few weeks ago (you can see the contents in this YouTube video). I didn't have time to play with it until today, when I spent several happy hours making cards for friends and family.  I decided I would share 12 of them here on my blog over the next few days.

For this first card, I was inspired by a card made by Yana Smakula.  You can see her card and read her description here.

Here is the card I made:

As you can see, it is very similar to Yana's but not quite the same.  I was excited to discover that this 6x6 inch paper pack I picked up recently at Winner's coordinates perfectly with the SSS card kit:

I used one of those papers for the edges of the card and a narrow strip of turquoise cardstock where Yana used the grey (both of which came with the kit). I also made the sentiment box a little bolder by adding both a grey and a turquoise frame.

Many thanks to Yana for sharing her card with all of us, I for one certainly appreciate the inspiration!

No comments: