Tuesday, February 24, 2015

By The Beach

The Back 2 Back retreat weekend is over.  As these things always do, our three days together with Dina Wakley and Dyan Reaveley flew by much too fast.  I'll post more when I get home to my computer and can download the many photos I took but for now, here are just a few.


I'm relaxing at the beach now.  Figured I would treat myself to a few days of sun, sand and sea.  Spent yesterday getting here and running errands (simply had to get a pedicure to celebrate the freedom of wearing sandals again, wasn't possible to get it done before I left home, what with all the snow and bitter cold!), picking up groceries, etc.  Got settled into the condo I rented, which has this view out the front door.
Today was a relaxation day. I slept in a bit, had a walk on the beach, picked up some seashells. Then lunch, journaling, a movie to watch, followed by a dip in the pool, another beach walk, a quick trip to the grocery store and a stop at Dairy Queen. Exhausting, right?

My early morning beachcombing was going much better before this guy showed up with his bulldozer:
I think his job is to clear the seaweed but in doing so, he buries all the seashells! 

No worries, there will be more opportunities, although I might have to start a little earlier in the day. In the meantime, there will be more art to be made and journaling to be done. A daily dip in the pool will be mandatory. Some nappingay be required. I must say, it's going to be hard to decide what to do first!

No comments: