Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Hot, Hot, Hot

I missed last night's monthly Journal Junkies meeting at Bizzy B because I was downtown having dinner with cousins who were in town from Montreal.  They were only here for a day and a half and last night was the only time we could get together.  I had originally planned to attend the meeting, before making these last minute arrangements, so I did have a journal page ready.

The theme was "hot, hot, hot". I thought I'd do a page about something that's been making me hot lately, which is fonts. I've been paying more attention to them lately, sketching some for Mary Ann Moss' Sketchbookery class and reading Joanna Sharpe's "The Art of Whimsical Lettering" book.  I've ordered a couple of books on the topic from my local library as well, can't wait to get them!

I sketched out an idea for my page, intending to create letters in flames for the word "hot"
but then decided to use a couple of pages that I had previously decorated with paint and a large rubber stamp of a girl's head, added the text on the right hand side and a border featuring the names of various fonts.
I'm sorry to have missed the meeting, especially since I missed last month's gathering as well because I was away, but I very much enjoyed having a chance to spend time with my cousins!

No comments: