Thursday, August 14, 2014

Handmade Postcard

I made this watercolour last week on a piece of watercolour paper about 6 x 8 inches in size.
I needed a postcard to send to someone this week, so I added a Dina Wakley bird stamp (having just purchased the set of 4 this past Sunday, after resisting the urge for quite some time. Those little birdies are just so darned cute!)  The quote stamp (also from the Dina set) says, "Keep a green bough in your heart, and perhaps a singing bird will come", so I decided I had to sketch in a branch for the bird to sit on.
On the reverse side, I drew a border and then coloured it in watercolours, using the same shades found on the front side.  Love this Maya Angelou quote!
I am definitely going to have to make more cards with Dina's bird stamps!

No comments: