Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Day 3 in NYC

Last Friday in New York City, we had breakfast at Appleby's again.  Partly for the Wifi but mostly because I wanted pancakes, and man, were they good!

Next stop was the World Trade Centre memorial.  I'll be sharing more details on that visit next week on the anniversary, but for now, let me tell you it was incredibly moving and I'm really glad we went to see it.

Lunch was at Ellen's Stardust Diner, where the wait staff sing pop songs and Broadway show tunes in between serving customers.  They were quite the talented bunch! Here's Debbie singing along with one of the waitresses:

After lunch, I took myself off to The Ink Pad (also recommended by Julie Fei Fan Balzer) to check out their supply of rubber stamps and crafting supplies.  Wowza, what a collection they have packed into that rather small space!  I picked up a number of goodies there - washi tape, a couple of stamps, some of the new Tim Holtz layering stencils, a tropical collection of gelatos (the kind you paint with, not the kind you eat!).

Back at the hotel, sadly, it was time to say goodbye to Jen and Mel, who were on their way to the next part of their honeymoon, a cruise to the Greek islands.

Debbie and I had dinner at the little Italian place beside their hotel by the name of Da Marino, which turned out to be an excellent choice - the food was great.

Afterwards, we used the half-price tickets we'd picked up at the TKTS booth in Times Square around 5 p.m. and saw another Broadway musical.  This one was a comedy called "First Date" and it was one of the best I've ever seen (totally different from Wicked and I have to admit I liked it just a little bit better, that's how extremely good it was!), it was just so cleverly written.

Me and Debbie, dateless at "First Date"
Here's a little peek:

Trust me, if you're going to New York any time soon, you really ought to go see this show, you won't be disappointed!

No comments: