Monday, January 16, 2012

Monkey See, Monkey Do

I can't remember if I have mentioned before how Beans like to sit on top of the fridge.  She also likes to jump from the fridge to the top of the kitchen cupboards, which I first found out when the vintage cookie tin in this photo bounced down onto the tile floor of the kitchen, scaring the beejeepers out of me and the other cats.

It seems she has been giving the other foster cats ideas.  Both Tamana and Yonhee have taken to sitting up on top of the cupboards when they want to be by themselves.

This picture of Yonhee reminds me of that song in the movie Victor Victoria (do you remember that one, with Julie Andrews and James Garner? One of my all-time favourites!) The song is "The Shady Dame from Seville", sung by both Andrews and Robert Preston (to great comedic effect, as he sings it in drag, imitating Julie's previous performance of the same tune).   The lyrics are the story of a bull fighter and a "shady dame" and the line I'm thinking of is, "Only two ears and a tail, Did they find by the blind on her sill".

3 comments:

Marcia DeCoster said...

love the shot of the tail curling over the edge, classic!

Anonymous said...

My Abigail does the same thing. In a split second, it's floor-counter-fridge-top of cabinets. I call it her penthouse.

Miss Heidi said...

ditto on the tail picture. too cute.