Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday at Journalfest

Today at Journalfest, I am taking a class taught by Traci Bunkers called "The Maiden Voyage".   It's described as follows:

"A visual journal combines various aspects of mixed-media and written word to personally express oneself. This workshop is for anyone who is intrigued with visual journaling, but feels like a deer in the headlights, not knowing how to even start to visually express themselves, or feels like they can't do it because they don't have the skill or art background. Don't worry, I'm here to guide you. I'll take away the fear and obstacles and open up a new world for you, teaching you everything to get you started on your new journaling quest. Starting with conquering the blank page through playing with paint, stamps, and collage, we'll get our hands moving to free our minds and quiet the critic. Then I'll gently guide you to the next level: journaling. I'll teach you how to combine mixed-media and imagery with text for your own unique visual expression. This fun and light-spirited class will initiate you into looking inward for visual, self-expression and is for anyone regardless of art background. It would also be a good refresher for a visual journaler who feels like they are in a rut. Techniques to break through blocks to get you moving on your voyage will be covered, as well as different journaling prompts to get you started looking inside for what needs to be expressed. No art or writing experience necessary."

I think this class will be a good one to take as a "how to" to journal.  Even though I have been journalling for more than a year now, I still feel very much like a newbie.  My friend Libelinha, whom I met in June on the trip to Portugal with Teesha and Tracy Moore, is taking this class too so I'm sure we're going to have a lot of fun today.  Can't wait to see where this voyage takes us!
photo courtesy of wallpapers.wisdly.com

No comments: