Friday, October 7, 2011

Crocheting With Wire

My friend Taylor was asking me about crocheted necklaces the other day, she didn't realize that you could crochet with wire.  I'm here to tell you that you can and I know this because I learned from the best, none other than one of Swarovski's own Crystal Ambassadors, Ms. Stephanie Dixon.  Also known as The Dixon Chick.

Here are a couple of photos of a necklace I made a while back using black artistic wire and an assortment of beads. 

Here's what it looks like close up.

It's a very pretty look, wouldn't you agree?

Here's a photo of a necklace I made for a commission this week.  Also a black and white design but made with silver wire, creating a totally different effect.

1 comment:

Taylor schapiro said...

Very cool indeed. Hope you are enjoying the cottage and not doing too much raking.