Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thursday Evening

7:15 p.m. - I've been sitting here for over an hour, playing around on the computer, surfing here and there, somewhat mindlessly, slightly purposefully.  Telling myself I should get up and go for a walk before it rains again, if it rains again, before it gets to be too hot and humid like they say it's going to be tomorrow. Or if I'm not going for a walk, I should go make some dinner or do one of the many other things I should/could be doing instead of sitting here, typing, clicking, reading, especially after doing exactly that all day at the office. 

And yet, here I sit...

7:59 p.m. - Okay, apparently I just needed to write that down in order to get the motivation to get up off my rear and get it in gear.  Went across the street and did several laps around the walking track there, watching the kids play soccer on the field in the middle, admiring the red ball of the sun as it dropped down through the haze and clouds towards the horizon, enjoying the music on my iPod.  The air was cooler than I had expected but in a refreshing way, enough to counteract the humidity.
Photo courtesy of home.comcast.net

I'm still not overly motivated to do much but now it's definitely time to make myself some dinner.

What are you doing with your Thursday evening??

No comments: