Monday, September 12, 2011

In the Presence of Royalty

Just a quick post tonight, as I'm just home from the September art journalling club meeting at Bizzy B and it was an exhausting day.

This month's theme was royalty. Here's how my page looks so far:

I painted the background royal purple.  Added a picture of a model (Christy Turlington, who still needs to be altered so it doesn't look like her) in a pose that suited the wearing of a crown.  Collaged bits of dictionary pages (using the definitions of "majesty" and "royalty") with pieces of the Union Jack and added pictures of Prince William and Princess Catherine (we can just call her Kate) as the circles on the points of the crown.  I really liked the Shakespeare quote.  Not sure I like the little gold crown (made using a Tim Holtz mask and Viva Pearl Pen gold) in the bottom left corner.  I am tempted to paint over it, although the ladies in the group (now officially known as The Journal Junkies) voted in favour of keeping it. 

The page doesn't feel done to me yet.  I was going to doodle on it more but couldn't find my black Sharpie extra fine paint pen after several attempts to find it (the horror! I suspect one of my furry housemates has absconded with it and it might be reposing under a piece of furniture at the moment).  There was nothing to do but head to Michaels at lunchtime today to buy another one. 

I'll keep working on it. That's the beauty of a journal page, you can keep playing as long as you want until it feels right, until it feels done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice indeed. You are so lucky to have a bunch of local people to do this stuff with.