Friday, March 4, 2011

The Winner is...Me!

The other day, when I posted about longing for spring, I had no idea that my post would prompt Debi Keir-Nicholson, owner of the totally fabulous bead store, Beads of Colour in Dundas, Ontario, to comment on that post to tell me that I should come take a class at her store to help lift the winter doldrums, because I had won six free classes!!  Seeing how it was Dr. Seuss' birthday yesterday, she quoted him to me as follows: “I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can have lost of good fun that is funny.”

Around the beginning of February, while describing the adventures she and her husband Dave were having at the gem shows in Tucson, Debi mentioned on her blog that they were running a contest.  All you had to do to be entered was subscribe to Debi's blog, so that you would receive notifications of any new posts via email.  Which is what I did.  Then promptly forgot to check back on February 14th to see who was the winner, never dreaming it would actually be me  (many thanks to her husband Dave, who picked my name!).  When I realized yesterday that I hadn't read her blog for the past couple of weeks, I had to ask myself what I was doing back then and what I have been doing since that would so preoccupy me until I remembered that from February 11th to 16th, I was busy looking after five little balls of adorable furness who were staying with me at the time!  And since then, I've been looking after Katrina.  I guess I have been more distracted than I realized.

The irony of it all is that I haven't received any email notifications telling me about Debi's new posts on her blog, so I am still at the mercy of my faulty memory when it comes to reading her very interesting entries and viewing the beautiful photographs she posts along with them.

I am looking forward to visiting Debi in Dundas again very soon.  I haven't been there for a while - can it really be not since December of 2009? Here's my post from that visit:  Back to B.O.C.  and here's a picture of Debi in the store taken on that visit:

No, I remember now, I was there last May with Kate McKinnon.  But still, it has been too long.  Aside from hanging out at the delightful bead shop and seeing Debi and her husband Dave and Chris and Barb and the other lovely ladies that hang out there, there are scones to be eaten and thrift stores to be explored and all manner of wonderful things to be done in this picturesque small town. First I am faced with the oh so exciting task of picking which of the 50 or so classes currently on offer between now and mid-June that I might like to attend (here's the list, in case you might want to join me: BOC workshops - spring 2011).  Aren't I a lucky girl? I certainly think so!!

2 comments:

Psychic Cottage said...

OO la la I hope you buy a lottery ticket too! You never know!

debi said...

Come on down girl. we are waiting. I am so looking forward to it. debi