Monday, March 14, 2011

The DeClutter Project Report - Week 11

Also known as the week I didn't declutter anything and didn't even try!  Because, of course, I was attending the Stephanie Lee/ArtBLISS workshop in Virginia for the past five days. I did, however, completely unpack and put away the contents of my suitcase when I got home last night, which is a first for me.  Usually it takes me a few days to complete that task (or longer, given that some of the pieces from my France trip last September are still lying about waiting to find a proper home - zut alors!), so I think that counts as a significant declutter accomplishment.  I also cleared off my desk at work last week and not just by moving piles from on top of my desk to a different holding spot but actually took action on several matters and filed things away, so that should count as well.  At least this one time.

Having no other progress to report on the decluttering front for this week, I thought it would be a good time to reflect on what I have accomplished in the past 2.5 months and review my list to see what still needs to be done.  Of course, that was before I realized that I can't find even find the actual list at this moment in time, which probably means it's buried in a pile of paper somewhere.  Arg!
My plan for next weekend is to tackle some of those paper piles in between doing my taxes.  Or in conjunction with doing my taxes (since there might be some pieces of paper I need to unearth in order to complete the tax forms, although in that area, I do try very hard to be diligent on filing it in my "income tax" file folder immediately upon receipt.  Pardon the pun.)  Or instead of doing my taxes, depending on how that goes.

Over the next few days, I'll be sharing tales of my trip to D.C., as well as photos of the people I met and the things we made, so stay tuned.  You will be amazed at the talent and creativity of some of these people, I assure you!

No comments: