Monday, August 9, 2010

My First Beatle

I am soooo excited about tonight. I managed to score some last minute tickets to see Paul McCartney in concert for my friend Heather and I. We're off to the Air Canada Centre to see Macca live in the flesh. I figure I'd better go and see one of the only two Beatles left, because really, does anyone actually want to see Ringo perform solo? After everyone sings a couple of choruses of "we all live in a Yellow Submarine", what else is there? Sorry, Mr. Starkey, that's just how I feel. (photo courtesy of brooklynvegan.com)
But Sir Paul? Oh my yes, definitely one of my bucket list items, seeing him perform live. Now that he's closing in on 70 years old, I figure I'd better go while the getting is good, because sooner or later, he won't be touring any more. Plus this is the "Greatest Hits Tour" so the music is going to be great - Beatles tunes and Wings songs, can't wait!

(photo courtesy of boston.com)

2 comments:

kate mckinnon said...

Did he do Jet, or Band on the Run, or Helen Wheels?

I'll bet you guys had so much fun.
xxx
kate

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

Yes to Jet and Band on the Run, no Helen Wheels. You can find the set list here: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartney/2010/air-canada-centre-toronto-on-canada-6bd5b236.html