Monday, September 21, 2009

Hamilton Creek

If you're in the mood for a new fall wardrobe or just something new to wear, allow me to recommend my favourite clothing store, Hamilton Creek in downtown Lindsay. The store is owned by a long time family friend named Cheryl, who has an amazing talent for matching colours and picking the right pieces to suit your body type. In fact, she is so very good at it that it's hard to believe she spent 17 years being a dental assistant for my dad prior to the most recent 17 years during which she has been running this business!

What I really like is that she doesn't lie to you about how something looks when you try it on, she will tell you if it doesn't work, if it doesn't suit you or, most importantly, if it doesn't fit. I find that is rare in the retail world and it's a trait that I really admire.

This past Saturday, Cheryl and her helpful staff, Linda and another nice lady whose name I didn't get, were busy dressing my mom, my sister and I (as well as their many other customers, of course!) We had a fun couple of hours trying things on. My mom and I even bought the same jacket, because we both loved it so much (but I saw it first!).

In fact, I bought several lovely pieces that I am looking forward to wearing over the next few months. I am also feeling quite inspired to make jewellery to wear with them (which I shall of course show you in future blog postings), but for now, let me share these photos of two necklaces that were purchased on this excursion, one by myself and one by my sister. They are quite lovely!


Thank you, Cheryl, for providing such a lovely shopping environment and for all your help as my personal stylist. Life is so much easier when you can open the closet door and know you're going to like what you're going to wear!

No comments: