Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Jangles Etsy Sale

For those of you who enjoy ceramic beads and/or who admire the work of Jennifer Heynen, as I do, you will be interested to know that Jennifer is having a sale on her Jangles website. The sale starts today and runs until Monday the 31st.

For every item you purchase, you get a second item of equal or lesser price for 50% off. I've already checked out the items she has posted and yes, I did make a purchase!
I really like Jennifer's work - it's colourful, it's happy and her pieces are easy to incorporate into any number of designs. She made the green daisy bead I used in the pendant pictured above. If you're looking for ideas, you can check out her blog for ways to use her beads: http://www.jenniferjangles.blogspot.com/

Here is the link to the Jangles Etsy site: http://http//www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=21263

As you may recall, I took a class from Jennifer at the Bead and Button show this past June and learned how to make my own ceramic beads. Here's a picture of the necklace I made using one of the beads I made in her class (yes, I did copy her idea to use a peace sign, she told me it would be okay!):

I also had some fun with wire, creating a bail for this ceramic bead. Here are pictures of each side of the bead, so you can see my wire wrap creation:


Sadly, I learned that there is a downside to working with ceramic beads. If you drop them on another ceramic surface, they might chip. That is what happened to this bead with the wire bail, the necklace I made slipped out of my hand and landed on one of those large, antique ceramic crock pots and a piece of it broke it. Talk about heartbreaking! So don't say I didn't warn you, handle your jewellery with care and especially the ceramic beads.

No comments: