Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day 2 of PMC

Just got home from my second day of PMC classes with Kate McKinnon. It seems like a long day, having left the house at 9 this morning. Class itself ended at 6 p.m. but I stayed a little bit later to finish a few things I was working on. I had taken my car in to the place across the parking lot from the Beadfx store to have it detailed while I spent the day in the store and they weren't quite finished with it when the class was finished, so my sister and I went for dinner, then back to pick up my car (they did a great job, it is so CLEAN, I love it! So glad to get all the salt and dirt from the winter washed away). Drove home, fed the cats, sat down at the computer and suddenly it's 9 p.m. and I'm wondering where the day went!?!

Today's class was chainmaking. There were 10 students and we all made very different chains. Unfortunately with a one day class, there isn't time to get everyone's stuff in the kiln and fired by the end of the day, so our finished chains won't be fired and ready until tomorrow. The suspense!!

I made a chain out of a combination of ring sizes and types, some are fused rings, some are PMC. It's a very random design of large and small rings. At the moment, it's actually four mini-chains that I will join together at some later date. I might add in some lampwork beads and/or wire wrapped joins, I haven't quite decided yet.

Here's what my pieces look like right now, before they've been in the kiln:

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Dumb question, what happens when they go in the kiln? They are lovely.