Saturday, March 21, 2009

Back to the Drawing Board

I'm taking apart a necklace today. It's one of the first ones I ever made out of wire crochet and I really liked the combination of colours (turquoise, black and white) but I was never really happy with the finished product. The strand with the largest size of beads was shorter than the other strands (it was before I figured out how to balance the number of large beads against the smaller ones when doing wire crochet), so it always looked a little lopsided on the one side where the bigger beads ran out, plus I used a type of silver wire that is heavier and not as shiny for some of the strands which gave the finished product a really cheap look. So I decided that I would just get busy with the wire cutters, take it apart and remake it properly. I think sometimes you just have to do that, otherwise it will always nag at you that your finished piece just isn't as nice as it could be. I never felt completely comfortable with this piece and rarely wore it, but often wished I felt better about it so I could wear it. Today is the day to fix all that.

No comments: