Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Instant Cleanup

I'm doing an instant cleanup. This is a time honoured tradition in my family. You probably know how it works (surely everyone does this, and not just us?) - if you're having someone over, you need to make sure flat surfaces such as tables and sideboards are cleared off, things are picked up off the floor, dishes are washed and put away. Of course, in true instant clean up fashion, sometimes that means things just sort of get swept into a drawer or a box to be pulled out after the visitor has left and properly disposed of at a later date. :)

Why am I doing this? Because I've got a new cleaning service coming tomorrow morning to do a test run. They clean my apartment one time and I see if I like how they do it and if I do, they start coming on a regular basis. I just arranged the visit today (after a very sunny weekend which was quite enjoyable with the sun shining in the windows for most of the day, except that all that bright light only seemed to emphasis the dust lying about and the fact that my carpet is in need of a good vacuuming), so I've only got tonight to get ready.

However, in order to have them over, I need to tidy up a little bit. Nothing major, just putting all the cleaning supplies in one convenient location for them to use, putting a fresh bag in the vacuum, making sure my stuff is tidied up and out of their way.

The good news is, my clean up looks more like this:

than this:


No comments: