Saturday, February 27, 2016

She Watches Over

I should be downloading and sharing the photos from my trip to Florida last weekend, but instead, I spent the day binge-watching the videos from an online class I've been taking. It's taught by Juliette Crane and it's called Serendipity.  The class ends on March 1st, so I've been busy watching and re-watching as many of the videos as I can and taking notes. And of course, painting.  Here's one I made today, which I call "She Watches Over":
I'm really pleased with how this turned out. It looks like Juliette's artwork but it is also very much my own.  It was exciting to see some of the concepts she talked about in her videos actually happening as I created it, especially the ones about following your intuition and letting the painting reveal itself. That's how those houses and the sun appeared, several steps before the girl did.  It's a thrill to see it happening on the page in front of you, just like the teacher said it would!


2 comments:

Nurse Ratchet said...

Love this...I remember how excited I was for my first piece from class ❤

Diana Trout {Nan.DT@verizon.net} said...

I love this piece! Love the sun/flower - sunflower? And the expression on her face