Saturday, July 8, 2017

Experimenting with Distress Oxide

I bought myself five colours of the new Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks about a month ago but didn't get around to trying them out until today.  I watched a video posted by Diana Trout last night (you can find it here) and ended up dreaming about the inks overnight. I think I even woke myself up as I was telling one of my cats she could try them too! :)

Over breakfast this morning, I watched this video by Jennifer McGuire and then got busy playing with the inks myself.
The three samples in the picture above are the ones I like best of what I made today.  I really love how the inks blend, they are very creamy and smooth and the colour is very rich on the page.  Not everything I made today turned out to be a masterpiece.  Perhaps because of the limited colour palette I have so far (Worn Lipstick, Broken China, Fossilized Amber, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain).  I found myself wishing I had other colours to introduce to the pieces I made today to make them "pop" a little more with the two browns I had.  But that's okay, I'll add to my collection in time.  For now, I'm looking forward to playing more with these inks!

Day 96/100 - #100dayproject

No comments: