Friday, August 1, 2014

Haiku My Heart Friday: Happy Day


For those of us not
celebrating a birthday,
It can be bird day.
A friend is celebrating a birthday today.  I made a card for her using a gelli plate design I had created several months ago and a small piece of lime green ribbon:
to which I added a playing card with a bird on it and (rather cleverly, in my humble opinion) inserted the above message on the inside.
I decided that before I sent off the card in the mail, I would make a copy of said bird.  Here is my finished sketch, to which I added watercolour:
I was quite pleased with the results of the painting and the card, I hope the recipient will get as much enjoyment from the card as I did from making it!

Haiku My Heart Fridays are hosted by Rebecca at recuerda_mi_corazon.

8 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Well, then, Happy Birdday to me! ;)

Nonnie said...

I, for one, would be delighted with such a creative card!

Lea said...

Love it all and I too will celebrate my bird day with a song!

Annie Jeffries said...

Too cute. What a lucky friend.

J C said...

Your friend will be delighted to receive such a clever treasure. I would, I know. Any day is a happy bird-day. :)

carol l mckenna said...

Fun haiku and lovely card ~ and 3 Aug is my birthday so welcomed your creative card and haiku ~ xoxo

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

Gillena Cox said...

Most times the birds wake me on mornings with their twittering, guess i know about bird days

Much love...

rebecca said...

what is more endearing than a handmade salutation of love?
love the happiness i find in yours!