Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Numbers

That was to be the theme of our August pages for the Journal Junkies group.

I started with two pages in my journal that I had previously decorated using a gelli plate.  Then I started adding washi tape.  After a few minutes, the two pages looked like this:

I added a bit more tape and then painted the edges of the page to remove those white borders (caused by the fact that the gelli plate is a bit smaller than the journal itself, no biggie.  Sometimes I like having a border but for this creation, I didn't).

I found a quote by Jean Guitton on the Internet about prime numbers and added it on the right side:
Apologies for the lighting, it's getting dark
earlier these days and I didn't want to wait until
tomorrow to take a picture in natural light.
I really liked the left side as it was (thank you, Dina Wakley, for creating the silhouette stencil!) so all I did on that side was add the word "Originality" using a rubber stamp alphabet and then coloured in the letters.

Voila!  A finished journal spread, easy peasy!

No comments: