Thursday, February 7, 2013

National Sweater Day

Did you know it was today? I didn't either until we got a notice at work saying we were taking part in this initiative organized by Loblaws and the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) to "take action against climate change" by lowering the office temperature by 3 degrees today and encouraging us all to wear sweaters.  You can read more about it here.

I dug out this curling sweater that my grandmother had knitted for my dad once upon a time, probably a good 40 or 50 years ago.  It used to be bigger, to fit my dad, but I washed it once and it shrunk to the perfect size for me. I've had it stored in a box under my bed, I rarely wear it, probably because it's pretty darned warm.  Even with the heat turned down, I was cooking while wearing it.  But I like knowing that my grandmother knitted it herself, all those years ago. 

It was also the day that my sister Janine brought her Lia Sophia jewellery to my office at lunchtime for a show in the boardroom. 



What fun we had checking out all the pretty, sparkly stuff.  Even one of the guys was brave enough to come in and have a look (smart guy - Valentine's Day is just a week away!)!

1 comment:

J9F said...

Thank you so much for inviting me to show my lia sophia jewellery to your coworkers!! It was really fun!!