Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday

I've had a quiet but busy Sunday. 

I started my design for the Toronto Bead Society's Bag of Beads project.  The big reveal is coming up in less than 3 weeks' time, so I need to get busy if I want to be done in time.  But I have an idea that I'm excited about and I appear to have all the supplies on hand, so that is good news.

I was looking forward to watching the NASCAR Daytona 500 race today, the first one of the season, but it was rained out.  They've scheduled it for tomorrow noon instead but alas, I've got to work so I'll have to miss it.  I like to watch the races because I can sit and bead or journal while I watch but after 5 hours of doing the same with Coronation Street in the morning, it's rather too much TV, I usually end up doing other things instead with the television on in the background.

Today, for instance, I spent about an hour clearing off the top of this dresser.


Which may not seem like much but I can't tell you how much lighter I feel emotionally as a result.  This messy, cluttered area was really bothering me.  I found a few things that had been missing, put away several things, put a number of items in a bag for Goodwill.  There still a lot more to do in this area but it's a start and it feels good.

One of the things I found was this newspaper ad for India, which features a gorgeous picture of a tiger walking in the woods with a shaft of light filtering through the leaves of the trees.  I've already pasted it into one of my journals (not well, as you can see from the wrinkles!). I don't intend to do anything to the picture, I like it too much as it is but I will enjoy looking at it for inspiration and pure visual enjoyment.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some more beading to do. The Oscars ought to be just the right accompaniment...

No comments: