Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Book Club

I'm off to a book club meeting tonight. The "Girly Book Club" was started in 2008 by a family friend in London, England and now there are also groups in Toronto, Denver, Oklahoma City, Nashville and New York City - how cool is that?  There are over 500 members in the Toronto group, 92 of whom have said they are attending tonight's meeting, which will be my first, so I'm not quite sure what to expect.

The book we've been reading this month is called "Sister" by Rosamund Lipton.

I can certainly recommend it. It's not the cheeriest story - it's about a woman who is murdered and her sister's attempts to find the killer - but it is extremely well-written with several twists and unexpected turns.  The ending is especially surprising and, I believe, very clever.

No comments: