Thursday, November 4, 2010

Teesha and Tracy

No discussion of Journalfest is complete without mentioning the two people who are responsible for bringing us all together.  Journalfest is organized by the husband and wife team of Teesha and Tracy Moore.


I had been following Teesha's blog (Teesha) and loving her artwork for a while now (more on that subject in a later post), and although she mentions Tracy quite often in her blog posts, I didn't quite realize the extent to which Tracy is also a journaler and blogger (Tracy) in his own right.  Nor did I know that he makes the most amazing journals with covers made out of metal and repurposed items.  I hope he doesn't mind me showing a couple of photos here of some of his books, they are so fantastic:


The funny thing about this book - notice the word "Electra" at the top? A couple of weeks ago, when I was at the Flamboro outdoor antique market, one of the vendors had a whole box of car name plates just like the one Tracy used for this book.  I wish I had that box now!!


This one was my absolute favourite:

Check out the phone dial, which actually turns, and the scuba diver in the centre of it.  Incredible attention to detail.  Tracy told me he is going to be teaching a class on making these journals in Cleveland sometime next year, probably June, and I so want to be there!

But back to the point of this blog:  Teesha and Tracy did an AMAZING job of organizing this retreat.  Everything was so well thought out and put together.  Not to mention the fact that they are just the cutest couple.

From the first afternoon when we arrived to check in to the last morning when they waved us off on the shuttle bus to the airport, they were just so friendly and welcoming and helpful.  I would like to say a big thank you to them both for providing me and my fellow Journalfest attendees with such an amazing opportunity to make art and new friends, learn and play.  It truly was an exceptional experience and I loved every minute of it, and it was all the more special because of their presence and involvement and attention to detail.  For that, I am most grateful.

No comments: