Wednesday, October 28, 2009

TBS Fall Bead Fair



This weekend, the Toronto Bead Society is holding its fall bead fair. Yes, there will be lots of fabulous beads and jewellery making supplies there to peruse, touch and/or buy. It's a two day event. I'll be there on Saturday, volunteering at the TBS booth with my sister from 10 a.m. to 12 noon (under the watchful eye of the Volunteer Coordinator, Stephanie a.k.a. The Dixon Chick) and then I plan to shop until I drop. Well, okay maybe not, as I'm trying to make things with the bead stash I already have, rather than add to it, but we'll see how it goes. All our favourite vendors will be there, so I'm sure there will be some treasures available that I will find unable to resist.

The event is being held in a new location this time around - at the CNIB building at 1921 Bayview Avenue, just north of Eglinton. Check out the TBS website if you need directions or other information: http://www.torontobeadsociety.org/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=5&Itemid=61

By the way, as I just discovered after checking out that link, did you know the clocks are turning back this weekend? Where did the time go? Doesn't it seem like we just finished turning them ahead? (those of you who never did figure out how to change the time on your VCR or dashboard clock - yes, you know who you are - can now take comfort in the fact that once again, you'll be back in the groove). It's already dark so early in the evening and in the morning when I wake up, I'm not looking forward to emphasizing that process by switching the clock but I suppose it is inevitable. Time waits for no one, as they say. Or, if you prefer, "time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." Thank you, Groucho Marx for that witty remark.

No comments: