Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Glorious Sunrise

Did anyone see that sunrise this morning? I know they say "red in the morning, sailor's warning" and the forecast says we are due for some snow overnight, but man, that was one beautiful awakening today. There are many things I love about my new apartment - watching the sun come up as I have breakfast is just one of them. My old place faced west and any view of the sky was blocked by the large old mansion next door - an architectural beauty, to be sure, but not so good for letting the sun shine in.

Here are two photos I took this morning, about 1 minute apart around 7:28 and 7:29 a.m. The colours just kept getting more and more intense. Just as quickly, it was all over. It was as if the sun was gathering energy as it rose and once it climbed above the horizon, it sucked back all the colour, went behind a cloud bank and all we've seen of it since is a faint yellow glow behind a grey haze. Thank goodness I was awake in time to see the show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! God is good?

Sharon