Saturday, December 6, 2008

I Need To Get Back to Beading

I have several custom orders to complete, which is exciting. Plus I am missing the opportunity to create things and play with the beads. Only one little problem: my beading stuff is neatly packed away and I am surrounded by stacks of other boxes that also need to be unpacked, some of which are on top of or in front of the beading boxes. Plus I don't yet have a flat surface upon which to work, even if I were to be able to get to my beads. So I have to deal with first things first. I am slowly unpacking the boxes that I need to do first and finding new homes for their contents. It's a big job and I'm trying not to be overwhelmed by the scope of the entire project, by focusing on one box at a time. I have to keep reminding myself that I didn't pack all these boxes in one day and I don't have to unpack them in record time either. Luckily, I have no plans for this weekend so I've got two full days to spend sorting stuff ouf. I've already accomplished a lot today, although it might not look like to anyone else.

I'm also glad I don't have to go outside today, as it's cold and windy and snowing just a little bit at the moment. I like being tucked up inside, puttering around. Here's what the view looked like about an hour ago, outside my window:



(believe it or not, this is a colour photo!)

No comments: