Friday, December 19, 2008

Home Sweet Home

As much as I enjoy travelling, it's true what Dorothy said, there's no place like home. I like being away but I also enjoy coming home to my own place. I especially like coming home on a day like today, when the weather outside is frightful.

We got sent home at lunchtime from work today due to the snow, for which I am very grateful. It's always nice to get a few extra hours of free time at this time of year. I'll be spending the time unpacking a few more boxes, starting to pack for Christmas in Calgary (hoping the snow stops before my flight next week!) and making just a few more pieces of jewellery.

I am even happier about coming home these days, because my commute to work is only about 10 minutes and even in bad weather, it only takes me 15-20 minutes max. to get home. Where I used to live, it was usually 45 minutes to get home and could be as much as twice that in bad weather or heavy traffic.

Here's what it looks like outside my window right now, complete with a mini snow drift up against the window pane:


Hope everyone is keeping safe out there on the roads and if you can, stay inside, cozy and warm.

No comments: