Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Pyrex Treasure

I headed out first thing this past Saturday morning to visit a yard sale I'd seen advertised in one of the groups I belong to on Facebook.  They had advertised that they would have lots of vintage goodies and they didn't lie.  There were four or five vendors, displaying their items in someone's driveway. Check out those turquoise chairs! If only I had room for them!!
I wasn't surprised to run into my friend Lorraine there, as I knew she lived just down the street (which I didn't realize until I got there, hadn't thought to suggest in advance that we meet there but we did anyway!). Nice to have a catch-up with her and her neighbour Jackie, while we admired all the treasures, most of which were of the Pyrex variety.
Most of the items were quite unique and/or kitschy, like this devilled egg tray:
 and this adorable spice set (I was very tempted by this piece but resisted! Now that I see the photo, I'm really regretting that I didn't get it but at $60, it was a little out of my price range.)
I did buy this pretty little mug holder.
Sadly, the handles on my new Fiesta mugs are too small to fit on the bars of the mug holder. :( I'll just have to find something else to do with it!
I also got this covered glass dish:
It's the perfect size to hold my Tim Holtz markers.  Score!
As you can see from the backgrounds of some of the photos above, the garden of the house where the sale was held was beautiful.  The lilies this summer have been stupendous!
All in all, a nice way to start a summer Saturday!


1 comment:

rebecca said...

the best thing about summer is knowing that i will be with you soon!
xo