Monday, June 2, 2014

Yard Sale #1

My mom had a yard sale on Saturday. My sister and I stayed over at her house on Friday night and we all got up at the crack of dawn to start getting ready. It took 2 hours to carry everything out to the front yard.
The first early birder showed up at 6:20 and was told to come back at 8 a.m.  By then, we had filled the front lawn and lined things up along the driveway.
Turns out my mom has collected a lot of chairs over the years, who knew?

This little girl from across the street came over in her pyjamas and was delighted to find these wooden toys, some of which went home with her.
This guy with his saggy pants won the award for the weirdest yard sale shopper outfit.  I have never understood this trend and don't suppose I ever will.  Love the expression on my mom's face!
Many thanks to our neighbour Susan who made lunch for us and brought it over. We didn't get a chance to eat it until around 3 and by then, we were so hungry and tired, the tuna and egg salad sandwiches and homemade baking she'd brought over tasted even more heavenly!  

It was the perfect day for an outdoor sale, cool in the shade but otherwise sunny and warm.  Lots of traffic and we sold lots of stuff.  We had so much fun, we're going to do it again next weekend!

No comments: