Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Goodbye Tag

One of my work colleagues is starting a new job next week, tomorrow is her last day with our company.  After shopping for a goodbye card and not finding one that I liked, I decided I would make her something myself.

The finished result was this tag which I made using some scrapbook paper called "Supply Closet", featuring vintage images of office supply items, made by a company called October Afternoon.
Front
I used a Prima flower I decorated with Distress Inks after watching a free tutorial on Nathalie Kalbach's website (under the heading "Other Fun Stuff", the one called "Notebook/Mini book with 1 sheet of paper) and a little bit of lace to jazz up the front.

On the back, I used some punched out letters that look like typewriter keys and some glittery black sticker letters to write my farewell message.  The account ledger background was appropriate as her job involves keeping track of the rental accounts for various tenants.
Back
I shall be sad to see her go but I'm excited for her at the same time.  It's always nice when someone gets a new job and heads off on an exciting adventure with new challenges.  Best of luck, Karen!




No comments: