Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Sketchbook Creature

Too tired for a longer blog tonight (after a lovely long afternoon making art at Bizzy B with friends) so just a quick post to share this one book from the Sketchbook Project with you. It was sitting in a pile of returned books when I went up to the counter, a pretty blue/green colour and about an inch thick.  I asked if I could take a look, its appearance was so unusual compared to the mostly thin brown sketchbooks.

This was the cover.

The insides folded up neatly and expanded in an accordion style when opened.

The label on the back gave the name and location of the artist, Lori Gillen, and provided a clue as to the creature that was to be found inside:

My sister and her friend Wayne were also intrigued:

I loved the way the eyes and the mouth were done on the inside.

Well done, Lori, a very clever idea!

No comments: